EDWARD SEGAL INC.
A manufacturer of a wide variety of eyelet, rivet and grommet attaching machines
360 Reynolds Bridge Road
Thomaston, CT 06787
Model 83 Series
Eyelet Attaching Machinery
The base machine is appropriate for.
- eyelets with barrel diameter ranging from .091’’ to .375’’ and a maximum flange diameter of .438’’.
- Single and multiple eyelet settings where materials are pre-punched or where the eyelet cuts its own hole
- Single eyelet settings where materials are pulled over a spear point anvil.
The 83LT includes the Limited Travel feature for smaller eyelets. This maximizes the life of the setting tools which are most delicate in the smaller size ranges. Standard part size for the 83LT includes:
- eyelets with barrel diameter ranging from .047’’ to .090’’; and
- smaller parts, a barrel diameter less than .047”, may work on the 83GMCT machines, which includes the special carrier type raceway.
Model 2R83 - This version includes the double revolution feature to punch hole in the material and then feed and set the eyelet. The 2R83 is designed for:
- eyelets with a minimum barrel diameter of .125’’, and a maximum flange diameter of 0.625”; and
- single and multiple settings, with certain limitations due to spacing and material.
Edward Segal Inc. manufactures a full line of the Model 83 attaching machines for eyelet applications. These machines offer a fast, reliable, and efficient solution to maximize the productivity to feed and set eyelets. The Model 83 machines are available in several different configurations and accommodate all shapes of eyelets (round, oval or square) and applications. In addition to eyelets, the Model 83 works with many other products beyond eyelets including: threaded inserts, nuts, or other unique parts that can be oriented to feed and picked-off through a centering hole. Multiple setting applications can be engineered on these machines utilizing 1 or 2 raceways, with multiple tracks per raceway.
Models 83, 83LT and 2R83
- Frame: Cast iron; Dimensions overall: Height 24 ½ ”; Length 23”; Width 12”
- Weight: Net 300 lbs , crated 350 lbs
- Stroke: 2 ¾ ” standard (Special strokes available 2” to 3 ½ ”)
- Throat Depth: (center of Ram to Frame) 7 ¼ ” standard (special throat depth to 15”)
- Flywheel Speed: 200 RPM
- Motor: 1140 RPM, ¼ to ½ HP, as required
- Clutch: Sliding Dog Type with Non-Repeat Device
- Safety Device Options:
Double Palm Buttons
- Electric: 110v, 60hz, 1ph
- Pneumatic: 60-80psi